The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
A Guide for Therapists and Helping Professionals
Mindful Therapy is a welcome addition to the literature for psychotherapists, occupational therapists, therapists-in-training, and other types of teachers. A highly readable balance of theoretical groundwork, personal experience, case studies, and practice exercises, the book offers ways to bring the teachings of Buddhism into a psychotherapeutic practice, and provides a thorough explanation of the benefits of doing so. Grounded in his understanding of Buddhist teachings, Tom Bien's suggestions are particularly valuable to beginning therapists or those still in training, offering ways that therapists can care for themselves amid the challenges of their practice.
More from this author
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > Doctrinal and systematic Buddhism > Special topics and relations to special subjects
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > Societies, councils, associations, clubs, etc.
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > History
- Religion > Bible > Criticism & Interpretation > Study
- Philosophy > Buddhism
- Religion > Bible > Commentaries
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Clinical Psychology
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Mental Health
- Religion > Buddhism