The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Chief of Station, Congo
Fighting the Cold War in a Hot Zone
During his first year, the charismatic and reckless political leader, Patrice Lumumba, was murdered and Devlin was widely thought to have been entrusted with (he was) and to have carried out (he didn't) the assassination. Then he saved the life of Joseph Desire Mobutu, who carried out the military coup that presaged his own rise to political power. Devlin found himself at the heart of Africa, fighting for the future of perhaps the most strategically influential country on the continent, its borders shared with eight other nations. He met every significant political figure, from presidents to mercenaries, as he took the Cold War to one of the world's hottest zones. This is a classic political memoir from a master spy who lived in wildly dramatic times.
304 pages; ISBN 9780786732180
, or download in or
- Academic > History > History of Africa > West Africa. West Coast > Zaire. Congo (Democratic Republic). Belgian Congo > History
- Academic > History > History of Africa > Egypt > Antiquities
- True Crime > Espionage
- Biography & Autobiography > Military
- Biography & Autobiography > Political
- Political Science > Political Freedom & Security
- History > Africa