Take Control of Making Music with GarageBand '11
Seattle composer Jeff Tolbert goes to 11 with his step-by-step instructions that guide beginning and intermediate users through using GarageBand's built-in loops to create three songs, explaining not only how to use GarageBand's editing and mixing features but also how to be playful and creative while composing tunes that please the ear. You'll learn how to plan a song, get the most out of Magic GarageBand, edit and arrange Real Instrument and Software Instrument loops in numerous ways, create exciting mixes, and export your masterpieces.
The book also covers how to change track volume, tempo, and panning dynamically, and how to work with GarageBand's effects. Plus, it includes seven suggestions for solving performance problems.
Bonus! Linked-in audio lets you listen to examples—you can even download the actual GarageBand project files used to create them! To round it all off, a five-page glossary helps you quickly learn music-related terms.
Questions you'll find answers to include:
- What's the arrange track used for?
- How can I use the stock GarageBand loops to make a cool song?
- How can I expand my collection of loops?
- How do I edit Software Instrument loops?
- I don't read music. Why do I care about Notation view?
- How do I change the tempo in different sections of my tune?
- How do I make my mixes more dynamic and interesting?
- How can I use GarageBand to score a video?
- How can I customize a Magic GarageBand song so it doesn't sound like everyone else's?
- How do I make a killer drum break out of GarageBand loops?
- How can I make a ringtone for my iPhone?
"I had a tough time getting started with GarageBand until I bought Take Control of Making Music with GarageBand."
Title: Take Control of Making Music with GarageBand '11
Author: Jeff Tolbert
Discovering Statistics Using R 2012 US$ 77.00 993 pages
QuickBooks 2016 For Dummies 2015 US$ 21.59 411 pages