The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Threads of Thinking
Schemas and Young Children's Learning
In her new edition of this popular book, Cathy Nutbrown presents evidence of continuity and progression in young children's thinking. She shows, with detailed observation, that they are able and active learners. She considers aspects of children's patterns of learning and thinking - or schemas - and demonstrates clearly how children learn in an active, dynamic and creative way.
This book makes schema theory explicit in practice. Supported by numerous detailed examples and the discussion of difficult theoretical issues, it illustrates children's learning in areas such as literacy, maths and science.
This new edition includes:
- discussion on the need for professional development
- changes in early years pedagogy
- more discussion of theories of learning in relation to curriculum and teaching practices
- new examples of children's drawings
- new suggestions for using stories to support schemas.
Threads of Thinking is for early years practitioners who wish to support and develop children's learning.
Professor Cathy Nutbrown is Director of Studies in Early Childhood Education at the University of Sheffield.
216 pages; ISBN 9781446246368
, or download in or
More from this author
- Key Concepts in Early Childhood Education and Care2011US$ 42.00193 pages
- Working with Babies and Children2008US$ 55.00225 pages
Differentiated Instructional Strategies Professional Learning Guide 2013 US$ 32.95 161 pages
IB Theory of Knowledge 2013 US$ 39.69 450 pages