The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Threads of Thinking
Schemas and Young Children's Learning
This book makes schema theory explicit in practice. Supported by numerous detailed examples and the discussion of difficult theoretical issues, it illustrates children's learning in areas such as literacy, maths and science.
This new edition includes:
- discussion on the need for professional development
- changes in early years pedagogy
- more discussion of theories of learning in relation to curriculum and teaching practices
- new examples of children's drawings
- new suggestions for using stories to support schemas.
Threads of Thinking is for early years practitioners who wish to support and develop children's learning.
Professor Cathy Nutbrown is Director of Studies in Early Childhood Education at the University of Sheffield.
216 pages; ISBN 9781446246368
, or download in or
Understanding by Design, Expanded 2nd Edition 2005 US$ 32.95 383 pages
Digital Leadership 2014 US$ 27.95 265 pages