Key Concepts in Family Studies

Key Concepts in Family Studies by Jane Ribbens McCarthy

"This is a thoughtful and sometimes challenging elaboration of some of the key concepts in contemporary family studies... Students and researchers will want to have this book close to hand, not simply as a reference work but as a stimulus to critical social analysis."
- David H J Morgan, University of Manchester

"Written in an intelligent, engaging, and accessible manner by two leading and highly respected family scholars whose contributions to the field over the past two decades have been path-breaking. This is an important resource for students and professionals studying, and working in, the field of family studies within and across the disciplines of sociology, social policy, social work, health studies, education, and gender studies."
- Andrea Doucet, Carleton University

This book's individual entries introduce, explain and contextualise key topics within the study of family lives. Definitions, summaries and key words are developed throughout with careful cross-referencing allowing students to move effortlessly between core ideas and themes. Each entry provides:

• Clear definitions
  • Lucid accounts of key issues
  • Up-to-date suggestions for further reading
  • Informative cross-referencin.

Relevant, focused and accessible, this book will provide students with an indispensible guide to the central concepts of family studies.

SAGE Publications; December 2010
Title: Key Concepts in Family Studies
Author: Jane Ribbens McCarthy; Rosalind Edwards

Buy, download and read Key Concepts in Family Studies (eBook) by Jane Ribbens McCarthy; Rosalind Edwards today!