IBM SPSS for Intermediate Statistics
Use and Interpretation, Fourth Edition
Designed to help readers analyze and interpret research data using IBM SPSS, this user-friendly book shows readers how to choose the appropriate statistic based on the design, perform intermediate statistics, including multivariate statistics, interpret output, and write about the results. The book reviews research designs and how to assess the accuracy and reliability of data: whether data meet the assumptions of statistical tests; how to calculate and interpret effect sizes for intermediate statistics, including odds ratios for logistic and discriminant analyses; how to compute and interpret post-hoc power; and an overview of basic statistics for those who need a review. Unique chapters on multilevel linear modeling, multivariate analysis of variance (MANOVA), assessing reliability of data, and factor analysis are provided. SPSS syntax, along with the output, is included for those who prefer this format.
The new edition features:
- IBM SPSS version 19; although the book can be used with most older and newer versions
- expanded discussion of assumptions and effect size measures in several chapters
- expanded discussion of multilevel modeling
- expansion of other useful SPSS functions in Appendix A
- examples that meet the new formatting guidelines in the 6th edition of the APA Publication Manual (2010)
- flowcharts and tables to help select the appropriate statistic and interpret statistical significance and effect sizes
- multiple realistic data sets available on the website used to solve the chapter problems
- password protected Instructor's Resource materials with PowerPoint slides, answers to interpretation questions and extra SPSS problems, and chapter outlines and study guides.
IBM SPSS for Intermediate Statistics, Fourth Edition provides helpful teaching tools:
- all of the key SPSS windows needed to perform the analyses
- outputs with call-out boxes to highlight key points
- interpretation sections and questions to help students better understand and interpret the output
- extra problems using multiple realistic data sets for practice in conducting analyses using intermediate statistics
- helpful appendices on how to get started with SPSS, writing research questions, and review of basic statistics.
An ideal supplement for courses in either intermediate/advanced statistics or research methods taught in departments of psychology, education, and other social and health sciences, this book is also appreciated by researchers in these areas looking for a handy reference for SPSS.
, or download in or
Title: IBM SPSS for Intermediate Statistics
Author: Nancy L. Leech; Karen C. Barrett; George A. Morgan
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
The Internet For Dummies 2015 US$ 19.99 388 pages
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802) 2012 US$ 60.00 1664 pages
Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 in VB 2012 US$ 31.49 889 pages