The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Images of the Body in India
South Asian and European Perspectives on Rituals and Performativity
This book engages with the concept of the body in its cultural context by acknowledging and demonstrating that the human body is understood differently in Western and Indian cultures. The contributors show that any attempt to put forward a single concept of the body within Indian culture would be misleading.
, or download in or
More Social Science
- Academic > Anthropology > Ethnology. Social and cultural anthropology
- Academic > Religion > Philosophy of religion. Psychology of religion. Religion in relation to other subjects
- Academic > Religion > Worship. Cultus
- Social Science > Anthropology > Cultural
- Social Science > Sociology
- Social Science > Popular Culture