The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
U.S. Presidents For Dummies
If you want the complete take on U. S. presidents, from George Washington to George W. Bush, you’ll appreciate U. S. Presidents for Dummies. Written in a lively style by a history professor at the University of Texas, this fun guidebook of chief executives is packed with information, factoids, and memorable quotes. Inside, you’ll find out which president:
- Promised to only serve one term, and kept his word!
- Was a great person but a rotten president
- Campaigned on nothing but image – in the n ineteenth century!
- May be the most underrated president in history
- Had his own distributor bringing liquor to the White House – during Prohibition!
- Appointed the first female cabinet member
- Pushed through the first civil rights legislation after the end of the Civil War
- Said of himself, “I am a man of limited talents from a small town. I don’t seem to grasp that I am president”
U. S. Presidents for Dummies offers a wealth of knowledge on what it takes to be the leader of the free world, and who has stepped up to the challenge. Dividing the ranks of presidents into chronological groups for a broader, historical understanding of the office, this book discusses:
- The birth and evolution of the presidency
- Ineffective presidents
- Forgettable presidents
- Working up to the Civil War
- Reconstruction presidents
- Becoming a force in the world
- Instituting the Imperial Presidency
- Today’s changing dynamics and the Presidency
A treasury of information, this book features an easy-to-comprehend style and sharp historical analysis. Sidebars, photos, timelines, and best and worst lists make U. S. Presidents for Dummies a historical blast to read and a must-have for understanding the state of both yesterday’s and today’s union.
408 pages; ISBN 9781118068649
Duty 2014 US$ 14.99 640 pages