The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Geography For Dummies
If you’re curious about the world and want to know more about this fascinating place, Geography For Dummies is a great place to start. Whether you’re sixteen or sixty, this fun and easy guide will help you make more sense of the world you live in.
Geography For Dummies gives you the tools to interpret the Earth’s grid, read and interpret maps, and to appreciate the importance and implications of geographical features such as volcanoes and fault lines. Plus, you’ll see how erosion and weathering have and will change the earth’s surface and how it impacts people. You’ll get a firm hold of everything from the physical features of the world to political divisions, population, culture, and economics. You’ll also discover:
- How you can have a rainforest on one side of a mountain range and a desert on the other
- How ocean currents help to determine the geography of climates
- How to choose a good location for a shopping mall
- How you can properly put the plant to good use in everything you do
- How climate affects humans and how humans have affected the climate
- How human population has spread and the impact it has had on our world
386 pages; ISBN 9781118068670
Life 2011 US$ 12.99
The Feynman Lectures on Physics, Desktop Edition Volume I 2013 US$ 40.00 536 pages