The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Evidence-Based Education Policy
What Evidence What Basis Whose Policy
This book raises important questions about the extent to which policy can be derived from research and about the kind of evidence which should inform policy.
- Challenges contemporary orthodoxies and offers constructive alternatives
- Critiques the narrower conceptions of evidence which might inform policy advanced by the ‘what works’ movement
- Investigates the logical gaps between what can be shown by research and the wider political requirements of policy
- Examines the different educational research traditions e.g. large population studies, individual case studies, personal narratives, action research, philosophy and ‘the romantic turn’
- Calls for a more subtle understanding of the ways in which different forms of enquiry may inform policy and practice
- Discusses the recognition and utilisation of the insights offered by the rich variety of educational research traditions available to us
Understanding by Design, Expanded 2nd Edition 2005 US$ 32.95 383 pages
Digital Leadership 2014 US$ 27.95 265 pages