The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Introduction to Statistics Through Resampling Methods and R/S-PLUS
With its emphasis on the discovery method, this book allows readers to discover solutions on their own rather than simply copy answers or apply a formula by rote. Readers will quickly master and learn to apply statistical methods, such as bootstrap, decision trees, and permutations, to better characterize, report, test, and classify their research findings. In addition to traditional methods, specialized methods are covered, allowing readers to select and apply the most effective method for their research, including:
- Tests and estimation procedures for one, two, and multiple samples
- Model building
- Multivariate analysis
- Complex experimental design
Throughout the text, the R programming language is used to illustrate new concepts and assist readers in completing exercises. Readers may download the freely available R programming language from the Internet or take advantage of the menu-driven S-PLUS® program.
Written in an informal, highly accessible style, this text is an excellent guide to descriptive statistics, estimation, testing hypotheses, and model building. All the pedagogical tools needed to facilitate quick learning are provided:
- More than two hundred exercises scattered throughout the text stimulate readers' thinking and actively engage them in applying their newfound skills
- Companion FTP site provides access to all data sets and programs discussed in the text
- Dozens of thought-provoking questions in the final chapter, Problem Solving, assist readers in applying statistics to address real-life problems
- Instructor's manual provides answers to exercises
- Helpful appendices include an introduction to S-PLUS® features
This text serves as an excellent introduction to statistics for students in all disciplines. The accessible style and focus on real-life problem solving are perfectly suited for both students and practitioners.
IB Mathematics Standard Level 2012 US$ 58.80 800 pages
Student Solutions Manual, Mathematical Statistics with Applications 2010 US$ 10.95 148 pages
Discovering Statistics using IBM SPSS Statistics 2013 US$ 85.00 953 pages
Cambridge IGCSE Mathematics Core and Extended Coursebook with CD-ROM 2012 US$ 27.00 890 pages