The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Weather For Dummies
Don’t worry it’s never too late to find out about what makes the weather tick.
And there’s never been an easier or more enjoyable way to learn than Weather For Dummies. In know time, you’ll know enough of weather basics to be able to:
- Identify cloud types
- Make sense of seasonal differences in the weather
- Understand what causes hurricanes, tornadoes, and other extreme events
- Make your own weather forecasts
- Avoid danger during severe weather
- Understand the global warming debate
- Get a handle on smog, the greenhouse effect, El Niño, and more
Award-winning science writer John D. Cox brings the science of meteorology down to earth and, with the help of dozens of cool maps and charts and stunning photographs of weather conditions, he covers a wide range of fascinating subjects, including:
- What is weather and how it fits into the entire global ecosystem
- What goes into making a professional daily weather forecast
- The basic elements of weather, including air pressure, clouds, and humidity
- Storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, monsoons, and other extreme forms of weather
- Seasonal weather effects and why they vary
- Lightening, rainbows, sundogs, haloes, and other special effects
Featuring clear explanations, stunning illustrations, and fun, easy experiments and activities you can do at home , Weather For Dummies is your guide to making sense of the baffling turmoil of the ever-changing skies above.
384 pages; ISBN 9781118053607
Title: Weather For Dummies
Author: John D. Cox