BIM and Integrated Design
Strategies for Architectural Practice
The first book devoted to the subject of how BIM affectsindividuals and organizations working within the ever-changingconstruction industry, BIM and Integrated Design discussesthe implementation of building information modeling software as acultural process with a focus on the technology’s impact andtransformative effect—both potentially disruptive andliberating—on the social, psychological, and practicalaspects of the workplace.
BIM and Integrated Design answers the questions that BIMposes to the firm that adopts it. Through thorough research and aseries of case study interviews with industry leaders—andleaders in the making out from behind the monitor—BIM andIntegrated Design helps you learn:
- Effective learning strategies for fully understanding BIMsoftware and its use
- Key points about integrated design to help you promote theprocess to owners and your team
- How BIM changes not only the technology, process, and deliverybut also the leadership playing field
- How to become a more effective leader no matter where you findyourself in the organization or on the project team
- How the introduction of BIM into the workforce has significanteducation, recruitment, and training implications
Covering all of the human issues brought about or exacerbated bythe advent of BIM into the architecture workplace, profession, andindustry, BIM and Integrated Design shows how to overcomereal and perceived barriers to its use.
304 pages; ISBN 9781118086445
, or download in or
Title: BIM and Integrated Design
Author: Randy Deutsch