Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist
Beginning in 2005, Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson, managingdirectors at Foundry Group, wrote a long series of blog postsdescribing all the parts of a typical venture capital Term Sheet: adocument which outlines key financial and other terms of a proposedinvestment. Since this time, they've seen the series used as thebasis for a number of college courses, and have been thanked bythousands of people who have used the information to gain a betterunderstanding of the venture capital field.
Drawn from the past work Feld and Mendelson have written aboutin their blog and augmented with newer material, Venture CapitalFinancings puts this discipline in perspective and lays out thestrategies that allow entrepreneurs to excel in their start-upcompanies. Page by page, this book discusses all facets of theventure capital fundraising process. Along the way, Feld andMendelson touch on everything from how valuations are set to whatexternalities venture capitalists face that factor intoentrepreneurs' businesses.
- Includes a breakdown analysis of the mechanics of a Term Sheetand the tactics needed to negotiate
- Details the different stages of the venture capital process,from starting a venture and seeing it through to the laterstages
- Explores the entire venture capital ecosystem including thosewho invest in venture capitalist
- Contain standard documents that are used in thesetransactions
- Written by two highly regarded experts in the world of venturecapital
The venture capital arena is a complex and competitive place,but with this book as your guide, you'll discover what it takes tomake your way through it.
Title: Venture Deals
Author: Brad Feld; Jason Mendelson; Dick Costolo
The World's Most Powerful Leadership Principle 2004 US$ 13.99 224 pages
To Sell Is Human 2012 US$ 12.99 256 pages