Chipping Away at Public Debt
Sources of Failure and Keys to Success in Fiscal Adjustment
Written and researched by a team of experts from theInternational Monetary Fund, other policy-making institutions, andacademia, this timely book looks at fiscal adjustment plans inadvanced economies, comparing the planned or projected reductionsin debts and deficits to the actual outcomes, and explaining whyobjectives were met in some cases but missed in others. An overviewreveals pitfalls to avoid and lessons learned for securingsuccessful fiscal adjustment.
- Written by experts in the field
- Addresses public concern about skyrocketing governmentdebts
- Contains cutting edge research that changes the way we look atfiscal adjustment
- Presents meticulous archival research in compelling andengaging case studies
- Explores lessons learned and policy implications goingforward
- Includes country coverage of all G7 and European Unioneconomies
Educating and informing investors, economists, and the generalpublic, this important book looks at why some attempts to curbdebts and deficits succeed whereas others fail, as well as how toensure successful fiscal adjustment in the period ahead.
304 pages; ISBN 9781118113066
, or download in or
Title: Chipping Away at Public Debt
Author: Paolo Mauro