The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Chipping Away at Public Debt
Sources of Failure and Keys to Success in Fiscal Adjustment
Written and researched by a team of experts from the International Monetary Fund, other policy-making institutions, and academia, this timely book looks at fiscal adjustment plans in advanced economies, comparing the planned or projected reductions in debts and deficits to the actual outcomes, and explaining why objectives were met in some cases but missed in others. An overview reveals pitfalls to avoid and lessons learned for securing successful fiscal adjustment.
- Written by experts in the field
- Addresses public concern about skyrocketing government debts
- Contains cutting edge research that changes the way we look at fiscal adjustment
- Presents meticulous archival research in compelling and engaging case studies
- Explores lessons learned and policy implications going forward
- Includes country coverage of all G7 and European Union economies
Educating and informing investors, economists, and the general public, this important book looks at why some attempts to curb debts and deficits succeed whereas others fail, as well as how to ensure successful fiscal adjustment in the period ahead.
304 pages; ISBN 9781118113066
, or download in or
The Power of Full Engagement 2003 US$ 11.65 288 pages
Economics for the IB Diploma 2011 US$ 38.00 746 pages