Selling to the Government
What It Takes to Compete and Win in the World's Largest Market
Tap into one of the largest and most elusivemarkets in the worldthe U.S. government
United States government businessfrom federal and state to local institutionsis the largest market in the world. Regardless of economic trend or national and international conditions, it's a market everyone wants to get into. But in the convoluted and complex U.S. government market, it can be tough to get an "in"and there are few shortcuts a business can take.
Over the past twenty-seven years, Mark Amtower has advised hundreds of companies, from Apple, Dell, and Northrop Grumman to smaller firms of every genre, on all aspects of marketing and selling to the government. Now Selling to the Government presents a big-picture view that outlines the many avenues businesses can take to reach out and sell to this elusive market.
Amtower shows you how to find information on the niches in U.S. government business that are ready for your product or service, while helping you analyze and use the marketing, advertising, and public relations tools you already have. Then he connects you with the right resources to further develop your knowledge in this market, including:
- Free and low-cost research venues that help you determine the right path for your company
- Trade publications that give you the latestdevelopments for your niche
- Government associations and Web sites that give you further information, connections, and insight into at-the-minute developments
- Online tools to determine the right schedule to follow in submitting your company for a bid
Selling to the Government offers the lowdown on the basics every company must master to tap into government markets. With fascinating stories of companies who have successfully developed their marketing strategies, incisive statistics, and helpful advice, this is the essential primer you need to break into and maintain your customer base in this profitable area.
256 pages; ISBN 9780470933862
, or download in or
Title: Selling to the Government
Author: Mark Amtower
The World's Most Powerful Leadership Principle 2004 US$ 13.99 224 pages
To Sell Is Human 2012 US$ 12.99 256 pages
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Large industry. Factory system. Big business > Industrial policy
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Management. Industrial management
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Industry
- Political Science > Federal Government
- Business > Sales & Selling