Sams Teach Yourself SAP in 24 Hours
Thoroughly Updated and Expanded!
Includes New Coverage on Cloud Computing for SAP!
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll master the latest updates on SAP, and discover how to succeed with it in real business and technical environments! Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll learn through practical hands-on examples and case studies based on SAP’s free demonstration software. Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a strong real-world foundation with both the business and technical sides of SAP. Leading SAP architect and consultant George Anderson starts with the absolute basics…thoroughly covers core business, reporting, and administration tasks…and takes you all the way to the cutting edge, including how the cloud might
be used to support SAP environments.
Step-by-Step instructions carefully walk you through the most common SAP tasks.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Learn how to…
- Integrate various cloud resources into your current-day SAP environments
- Understand SAP applications, components, and architecture
- Obtain and install the trial version of SAP, step by step
- Use NetWeaver, SAP ERP, the SAP Business Suite, and other SAP applications
- Select an access method and create user roles and authorizations
- Customize your user interface for maximum convenience and productivity
- Transact day-to-day business, including sample sales order transactions, personnel updates, and more
- Work through complex processes, such as “Order to Cash”
- Query from SAP and third-party business productivity tools, such as SharePoint
- Professionally tune, maintain, and monitor SAP systems
- Plan and build new SAP applications
- Prepare for SAP projects, including technical upgrades and enhancements
- Develop your career as a SAP business or technology professional
Dr. George W. Anderson, senior architect and SAP Basis Consultant for Microsoft Services, specializes in designing and optimizing mission-critical platforms for SAP and other enterprise applications. He’s passionate about developing architectural patterns and tools capable of enabling the kind of business agility that IT has been promising for years and businesses today need more than ever. A certified SAP
technical consultant, PMI PMP, and long-time MCSE, his books include SAP Implementation Unleashed and the popular SAP Planning: Best Practices in Implementation.
Category: SAP Covers: SAP User Level: Beginning–Intermediate
429 pages; ISBN 9780132603713
, or download in or
Title: Sams Teach Yourself SAP in 24 Hours
Author: George Anderson
The SPEED of Trust 2006 US$ 12.99 384 pages
A Gentle Introduction to Optimization 2014 US$ 32.00 284 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Operating systems (Computers); Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Microsoft Office
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages
- Academic > Formal Sciences
- Computers > Business Software
- Computers > Data Processing
- Business > Information Management