The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Macroscopic Properties and Molecular Interpretations
"Molecular modeling of polymers ... is a subject that cannot be found in any other [book] in any appreciable detail. ... [T]he detailed chapters on specific polymer systems is a great idea."
— Gregory Odegard, Michigan Technological University
"The polymer community needs a text book which can connect the macroscopic mechanics with mesoscopic and molecular aspects of polymer."
— Liangbin Li, University of Science and Technology of China
This book takes a unique, multi-scale approach to the mechanical properties of polymers, covering both the macroscopic and molecular levels unlike any other book on the market. Based on the authors’ extensive research and writing in the field, Polymer Materials emphasizes the relationships between the chemical structure and the mechanical behavior of polymer materials, providing authoritative guidelines for assessing polymer performance under different conditions and the design of new materials.
Key features of this book include:
- Experimental results on selected examples precede and reinforce the development of theoretical features
- In-depth discussions of a limited number of polymer systems instead of a brief overview of many
- Self-contained chapters with a summary of their key points
- Comprehensive problems and a solutions manual for the different parts of the book
- Coverage of the basics with an emphasis on polymer dynamics
An indispensable resource for polymer scientists and students alike, Polymer Materials is also highly useful for material scientists, engineers, chemists, and physicists in industry and academia.
512 pages; ISBN 9780470922880
, or download in or