The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Eastern Mediterranean in the Age of Ramesses II
The Eastern Mediterranean in the Age of Ramesses II offers a transnational perspective on the age of King Ramesses II of Egypt during the centuries of 1500 to 1200 BC.
- Shows how powerful states - stretching from western Iran to Greece and from Turkey to Sudan - jointly shaped the history, society, and culture of this region through both peaceful and military means
- Offers a straightforward narrative, current research, and rich illustrations
- Utilizes historical data from ancient Egyptians, Babylonians, Hittites, Mycenaeans, Canaanites, and others
- Considers all members of these ancient societies, from commoners to royalty - exploring everything from people’s eating habits to royal negotiations over diplomatic marriages
More from this author
- The Eastern Mediterranean in the Age of Ramesses II2008US$ 130.95314 pages
- Myth and Politics in Ancient Near Eastern Historiography2004US$ 28.45231 pages
Duty 2014 US$ 14.99 640 pages