The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
A Companion to Romance
From Classical to Contemporary
Romance is a varied and fluid literary genre, notoriously difficult to define. This groundbreaking Companion surveys the many permutations of romance throughout the ages.
- Considers the literary and historical development of the romance genre from its classical origins to the present day
- Incorporates discussion of the changing readership of romance and of romance’s special relation to women readers
- Comprises 30 essays written by leading authorities on different periods and sub-genres
- Challenges the idea that the appeal of romance is exclusively escapist
- Draws on a wide range of specific and influential literary examples
More from this author
- Rape and Ravishment in the Literature of Medieval England2001US$ 99.00353 pages
- A Companion to Romance2008US$ 212.95582 pages
More Literary Criticism
The Cambridge Companion to Fantasy Literature 2012 US$ 25.00 298 pages
The Cambridge Companion to Modern Japanese Culture 2009 US$ 43.00 432 pages