The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
A Companion to Romance
From Classical to Contemporary
Romance is a varied and fluid literary genre, notoriously difficult to define. This groundbreaking Companion surveys the many permutations of romance throughout the ages.
- Considers the literary and historical development of the romance genre from its classical origins to the present day
- Incorporates discussion of the changing readership of romance and of romance’s special relation to women readers
- Comprises 30 essays written by leading authorities on different periods and sub-genres
- Challenges the idea that the appeal of romance is exclusively escapist
- Draws on a wide range of specific and influential literary examples
More Literary Criticism
How to Read Literature Like a Professor Revised 2014 US$ 10.99 314 pages
English Literature for the IB Diploma 2011 US$ 34.00 258 pages
Systematic Approaches to a Successful Literature Review 2011 US$ 49.00 289 pages
Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-Five 1997 US$ 5.99 85 pages