Smart Parenting for Smart Kids
Nurturing Your Child's True Potential
"My kid is smart, but..."
It takes more than school smarts to create a fulfilling life. Infact, many bright children face special challenges:
- Some are driven by perfectionism;
- Some are afraid of effort, because they're used to instantsuccess;
- Some routinely butt heads with authority figures;
- Some struggle to get along with their peers;
- Some are outwardly successful but just don't feel good aboutthemselves.
This practical and compassionate book explains the reasonsbehind these struggles and offers parents do-able strategies tohelp children cope with feelings, embrace learning, and buildsatisfying relationships. Drawing from research as well as theauthors’ clinical experience, it focuses on the essentialskills children need to make the most of their abilities and becomecapable, confident, and caring people.
288 pages; ISBN 9780470940006
, or download in or
Title: Smart Parenting for Smart Kids
Author: Eileen Kennedy-Moore; Mark S. Lowenthal