Smart Parenting for Smart Kids
Nurturing Your Child's True Potential
"My kid is smart, but..."
It takes more than school smarts to create a fulfilling life. In fact, many bright children face special challenges:
- Some are driven by perfectionism;
- Some are afraid of effort, because they're used to instant success;
- Some routinely butt heads with authority figures;
- Some struggle to get along with their peers;
- Some are outwardly successful but just don't feel good about themselves.
This practical and compassionate book explains the reasons behind these struggles and offers parents do-able strategies to help children cope with feelings, embrace learning, and build satisfying relationships. Drawing from research as well as the authors’ clinical experience, it focuses on the essential skills children need to make the most of their abilities and become capable, confident, and caring people.
288 pages; ISBN 9780470940006
, or download in or
Title: Smart Parenting for Smart Kids
Author: Eileen Kennedy-Moore; Mark S. Lowenthal
Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, Expanded Edition 2014 US$ 9.99 288 pages
The Joy of Sex 2013 US$ 13.99 288 pages