Filipino American Psychology

A Handbook of Theory, Research, and Clinical Practice

Filipino American Psychology by Kevin Nadal
Praise for Filipino American Psychology: A Handbook ofTheory, Research, and Clinical Practice

"Filipino American Psychology: A Handbook of Theory,Research, and Clinical Practice is destined to make a majorcontribution to the field of Asian American psychology and to thelarger field of multicultural psychology."
From the Foreword by Derald Wing Sue, PhD Professor ofPsychology and Education, Teachers College, ColumbiaUniversity

"Dr. Nadal has done a superb job of locating the experiences ofFilipino Americans within the larger scholarship on ethnic minoritypsychology, while also highlighting the complexity, richness, anduniqueness of their psychological experiences. This book should bea part of everyone's library."
E.J.R. David, PhD Assistant Professor, Department ofPsychology, University of Alaska Anchorage

"Ranging from historical contexts to present-day case studies,theoretical models to empirical findings, self-reflectionactivities to online and media resources, Filipino AmericanPsychology will engage, stimulate, and challenge both novicesand experts. Without question, Dr. Nadal's book is a foundationaltext and a one-stop resource for both the Filipino Americancommunity and the community of mental health professionals."
Alvin N. Alvarez, PhD Professor, San Francisco StateUniversity

A landmark volume exploring contemporary issues affectingFilipino Americans, as well as the most successful mental healthstrategies for working with Filipino American clients

Addressing the mental health needs of the Filipino Americanpopulation—an often invisible, misunderstood, and forgottengroup—Filipino American Psychology provides counselorsand other mental health practitioners with the knowledge,awareness, and skills they can use to become effective andculturally competent when working with their Filipino Americanclients.

Filipino American Psychology begins by looking at theunique cultural, social, political, economic, and mental healthneeds of Filipino Americans. Noted expert—and FilipinoAmerican—Kevin Nadal builds on a foundational understandingof the unique role and experience of Filipino Americans, offeringstrategies for more effective clinical work with Filipino Americansin a variety of settings.

A must-read for mental health professionals as well as educatorsand students in the mental health field, Filipino AmericanPsychology is an insightful look at the Filipino Americancommunity and the nuances of the Filipino American psyche.

Wiley; April 2011
Title: Filipino American Psychology
Author: Kevin Nadal; Derald Wing Sue

Buy, download and read Filipino American Psychology (eBook) by Kevin Nadal; Derald Wing Sue today!