New to

Medicine by John S. Axford
Not available
Medicine is a revolutionary core textbook designed with students for students.

Clinically-orientated and focused squarely on the core curriculum, Medicine delivers what medical students need to know in a manner that encourages learning. Medicine has evolved out of close collaboration and planning with students, junior doctors, and teachers. The result is something refreshingly different - the result is something quite unique.

Medicine successfully integrates basic science and clinical practice. The systems-based chapters all follow a common structure:

• Structure and Function - the essential basics that underpin each system
  • Approach to the Patient - history and examination, clinical presentations, differential diagnosis and investigations
  • Disease and their Management - all the common conditions that medical students need to know for future practice

This consistent, easy-to-navigate structure makes locating information simple and it is also tailored toward successful revision. All chapters have been updated and revised to follow the core curriculum and current medical practice. A new chapter on the Human Aspects of Medicine covers the principles of medicine, ethics, law and evidence-based medicine guidelines.

Individual colour-coded features make Medicine even easier to use:

• 'At a Glance' boxes: perfect for quick review and revision
  • 'Clinical Presentations at a Glance': excellent summaries to develop your clinical problem-solving skills
  • 'Key Points': alert you to essential information throughout
  • 'Must Know' checklists: highlight the key learning objectives in each chapter
  • 'Further Reading': your guide to clinical evidence from key books, journals and websites

For more information on this fantastic brand new text, log onto

Title: Medicine
Author: John S. Axford; Chris O'Callaghan
Subject categories

This edition is not for sale in your country. Here are some titles that might be what you're after...