Clinically-orientated and focused squarely on the core curriculum, Medicine delivers what medical students need to know in a manner that encourages learning. Medicine has evolved out of close collaboration and planning with students, junior doctors, and teachers. The result is something refreshingly different - the result is something quite unique.
Medicine successfully integrates basic science and clinical practice. The systems-based chapters all follow a common structure:
- Structure and Function - the essential basics that underpin each system
- Approach to the Patient - history and examination, clinical presentations, differential diagnosis and investigations
- Disease and their Management - all the common conditions that medical students need to know for future practice
This consistent, easy-to-navigate structure makes locating information simple and it is also tailored toward successful revision. All chapters have been updated and revised to follow the core curriculum and current medical practice. A new chapter on the Human Aspects of Medicine covers the principles of medicine, ethics, law and evidence-based medicine guidelines.
Individual colour-coded features make Medicine even easier to use:
- 'At a Glance' boxes: perfect for quick review and revision
- 'Clinical Presentations at a Glance': excellent summaries to develop your clinical problem-solving skills
- 'Key Points': alert you to essential information throughout
- 'Must Know' checklists: highlight the key learning objectives in each chapter
- 'Further Reading': your guide to clinical evidence from key books, journals and websites
For more information on this fantastic brand new text, log onto www.blackwellpublishing.com/axford
Author: John S. Axford; Chris O'Callaghan
Managing Infectious Diseases in Child Care and Schools 2008 US$ 47.00 209 pages
Being Mortal 2014 US$ 10.99 320 pages