Cast Iron Cooking For Dummies
True, cast iron is old; it's been around since the Middle Ages.And it is heavy. No one can dispute that even a small, cast-ironpot has a heft to it that no other cookware has. Nevertheless,cast-iron cookware has a place in today's kitchens, and thatdoesn’t mean simply hanging on the wall for decoration. Castiron has much to offer modern-day cooks; it's easy to use, easy tocare for, economical, versatile, and durable, and let's face it, ithas a nostalgic appeal that no other cookware has. But morecompelling than all those reasons is that it's a great cookwarethat makes great food. In fact, most cast-iron cooks will tell youthat food cooked in cast iron tastes better than food cooked inanything else!
Cast-Iron Cooking For Dummies is for those cooks who maywant to inject a little adventure and variety into their cooking.If you've never even thought of using cast-iron cookware, or youhave a few cast-iron pots lying around, you'll discover all youneed to know about making great food using cast iron. Here just asampling of what you'll find in Cast-Iron Cooking ForDummies:
- Selecting the right cast-iron cookware for you
- Seasoning a new cast-iron pan
- Caring for your cast-iron cookware
- Discovering techniques to enhance your cast-iron cooking
- Enjoying cast-iron cooking in the Great Outdoors
- Tons of delicious recipes, from main and side dishes todesserts and international dishes
- Top Ten lists on ways to make your cast-iron cookware lastlonger, the best dishes suited for cast iron, and tips forachieving success in cast-iron cooking
So, whether you're a cooking novice or an experienced chef, youcan find plenty of enjoyment from cooking with castiron – and Cast-Iron Cooking For Dummies canshow you the way.
360 pages; ISBN 9781118053188
Title: Cast Iron Cooking For Dummies
Author: Tracy Barr