The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
CliffsNotes on Angelou's I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Piqued by a dare, Angelou wrote this first book as an exercise in autobiography as art — and succeeded. Her novel is a story of the difficulties of black women and the eventual victory of spirit that comes from being a soulful fighter.
CliffsNotes on I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings helps you explore this tale of rebirth, self-worth, and dignity. This concise supplement helps you understand the overall structure of the novel, actions and motivations of the characters, and the social and cultural perspectives of the author. Features that help you study include
- A close look at the author's life which offers insight into her writing
- A list of characters and their descriptions
- Summaries and commentaries, chapter by chapter
- Critical assessments of the novel and the television movie adaptation
- Glossaries to help you fully understand the novel
- Critical essays on women in the novel and Southern Fundamentalism
- A review section that tests your knowledge, and suggested essay topics
Classic literature or modern modern-day treasure — you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
38 pages; ISBN 9780822070962
, or download in
More from this author
More Literary Criticism
Salem Story 1993 US$ 38.00 302 pages
Cracking the SAT Literature Subject Test, 2013-2014 Edition 2013 US$ 12.99 256 pages