Virtualization For Dummies
If you’re thinking about “going virtual” but have the feeling everyone else in the world understands exactly what that means while you’re still virtually in the dark, take heart. Virtualization for Dummies gives you a thorough introduction to this hot topic and helps you evaluate if making the switch to a virtual environment is right for you.
This fun and friendly guide starts with a detailed overview of exactly what virtualization is and exactly how it works, and then takes you on a tour of the benefits of a virtualized environment, such as added space in overcrowded data centers, lower operations costs through more efficient infrastructure administration, and reduced energy costs through server consolidation.
Next, you’ll get step-by-step guidance on how to:
- Perform a server virtualization cost versus benefit analysis
- Weigh server virtualization options
- Choose hardware for your server virtualization project
- Create a virtualized software environment
- Migrate to—and manage—your new virtualized environment
Whether you’re an IT manager looking to sell the idea to your boss, or just want to learn more about how to create, migrate to, and successfully manage a virtualized environment, Virtualization for Dummies is your go-to guide for virtually everything you need to know.
384 pages; ISBN 9781118051689
, or download in or
Title: Virtualization For Dummies
Author: Bernard Golden
Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, Fourth Edition 2015 US$ 79.95 1283 pages
Programming in Haskell 2007 US$ 52.00 185 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects
- Academic > Computer Science > System design; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Virtual computer systems
- Computers > Programming > Software Development
- Computers > Networking