The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Bridging the Transition from Primary to Secondary School
The transition from primary to secondary school can often be a difficult time for children, and managing the transition smoothly has posed a problem for teachers at both upper primary and lower secondary level. At a time when 'childhood' recedes and 'adulthood' beckons, the inequalities between individual children can widen, and meeting the needs of all children is a challenge.
Bridging the Transition from Primary to Secondary School offers an insight into children's development, building a framework for the creation of appropriate and relevant educational experiences of children between the ages of 10-12. Based on the five 'transition bridges' - administrative, social and personal, curriculum, pedagogy, and autonomy and managing learning - this book is a complete guide to the primary-secondary transition.
- A review of the issues and challenges of transition and school transfer;
- Management of physical, intellectual, social and emotional changes;
- Issues of changing self-identity;
- Approaches to ensure curriculum progression and continuity;
- Ways to develop cooperation between primary and secondary schools;
- Alternatives to traditional primary-secondary systems and pedagogy.
This book will be essential reading for all trainee teachers, undergraduate and postgraduate education students, and those working with children over the transition. The contributors offer a wealth of guidance and insight into meeting the educational and social needs of children through early adolescence.
, or download in or