The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Open Source in the Enterprise
Using open source in the enterprise-the question is no longer "if," but "how?" The low cost, easy access, and expansive license terms of open source are certainly attractive-especially since IT budgets have decreased 3-5% every year, while software costs have increased, and IT staffs have been tasked to create web services and pursue Web 2.0 initiatives.
In this new report for CIOs, IT managers, and business owners who want to make smart decisions about deploying open source, you'll find:
The six primary drivers that lead companies to implement open source (sneak preview: "cost" is just one of them) Three action plans for implementing open source in your organization that help you move from ad hoc use to a more formal and measurable approach* Surprising new data on open source's penetration into enterprise IT
Through research, interviews, and innovative data mining, Open Source in the Enterprise reveals how enterprises are leveraging open source software to save money, gain control, and innovate in an era of Doing More With Less.
50 pages; ISBN 9780596153717
, or download in
Office 2013 In Depth 2013 US$ 31.99 1032 pages
Qualitative Data Analysis with NVivo 2013 US$ 54.00 329 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Operating systems (Computers); Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Open source software
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Business Software