What is this book about?
VBScript is one of Microsoft's scripting languages, which can be employed in a variety of ways — from client-side scripting in Internet Explorer to server-side programming in ASP and the new Microsoft Windows Script Host. The language itself has been gradually increasing in power and flexibility, and the newest release, VBScript 5.0 (which comes with IE5.0), represents a huge increase in functionality and effectiveness:
- VBScript books now in demand from VB and WSH developers
- New version 5.0 now available with substantial changes — this is first book
- Proven Programmer's Reference format
- Extensive reference to langauge and object models
What does this book cover?
Here are just a few of the things you'll find in this book:
- A complete guide to the VBScript language and its syntax
- Up-to-date details of the most recent scripting engines for Internet Explorer, ASP and the Windows Script Host
- Coverage of the new features in VBScript 5, including constructing classes, specific data-types and using regular expressions
- Coverage of a vast range of uses that VBScript can be put to work with
- Extensive reference covering the various implementations and all the relevant object models
Who is this book for?
This book will be useful for anyone who wants to get a grip on VBScript. Whether you've just played around with HTML and want to find out about the world of programming, or whether you're an experienced programmer who needs to learn the VBScript language in order to work with the Windows Script Host or develop ASP pages, this book will show you the way. No prior knowledge of programming is assumed.
Author: Susanne Clark; Antonio De Donatis; Adrian Kingsley-Hughes; Kathie Kingsley-Hughes; Brian Matsik; Erick Nelson; Piotr Prussak; Daniel Read; Carsten Thomsen; Stuart Updegrave; Paul Wilton
QuickBooks 2015: The Best Guide for Small Business 2015 US$ 30.00 465 pages
Hadoop: The Definitive Guide 2012 US$ 39.99 688 pages