Take Control of Easy Mac Backups
Joe walks you through these important steps:
- Identifying backup hardware that matches your needs and budget
- Understanding the pros and cons of Time Machine, including nine situations where you'll want to go beyond Time Machine
- Setting up your backup drive (or Time Capsule)
- Configuring Time Machine
- Making a bootable duplicate
- Storing a backup offsite
- Recovering your data
You'll also get tips for setting up ChronoSync, CrashPlan, Data Backup, QRecall, Retrospect, and Synk; find out how an online sync is (and isn't) like a backup; and find coupons for 10% off CrashPlan and a $30 discount on Data Backup.
In this book, you'll find answers to questions such as these:
- How can I get the maximum benefit from Time Machine?
- What features should I look for in an external backup drive? And, should I use a Time Capsule, Apple's all-in-one Wi-Fi router and backup appliance?
- Should I use an online "cloud" backup service, such as Backblaze, CrashPlan, or JungleDisk?
- Should I use USB or FireWire to connect my backup drive?
- What's a versioned backup, and why should I care?
- Why is having a bootable duplicate important?
- How can I easily and effectively keep an offsite backup?
- Time Machine is acting strangely. What should I do?
- How do I migrate existing backups to a Time Capsule?
- What's the difference between an online sync and a backup?
- How do I restore a file from TimeMachine?
, or download in or
Title: Take Control of Easy Mac Backups
Author: Joe Kissell
Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, Fourth Edition 2015 US$ 79.95 1283 pages
Programming in Haskell 2007 US$ 52.00 185 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects
- Academic > Computer Science > System design; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing Backup processing alternatives
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Operating Systems > Macintosh