Take Control of Buying a Mac
Save money, avoid stress, and buy the right Mac for your needs and budget!
Deciding that you want to buy a new Mac is easy, but embarking on the project immediately raises questions like "What Mac will best meet my needs?", "Should I buy now or wait a month?", "How do I move my files from my old Mac to my new one?", and "What should I do with my old Mac?" Mac guru Adam Engst has answered these questions countless times, and he has distilled the answers into this 98-page ebook. Worksheets in the ebook help you match your needs and budget to the model that's right for you. And, you'll learn how to predict when Apple will release new models and when you can get the most bang for your buck. When you're ready to buy, Adam helps you compare different choices for where to shop. You'll also find advice and step-by-step instructions for transferring your files from your old Mac to your shiny new one, along with a thoughts about how to get the most out of your old Mac.
Questions answered in this book include:
- Are there particular months when it especially makes sense to buy a new Mac?
- Should I buy a brand new model, or one that has been out for a while?
- What are the important pros and cons of the MacBook Air?
- Do I really need a Mac Pro, or would an inexpensive iMac be a better choice?
- How much RAM should I get, and should I buy it from Apple or a reseller?
- How should I connect my old and new Macs so I can transfer files?
- What should I do about iTunes authorization when moving to a new Mac?
- Before I give it away, how should I prepare the hard drive on my old Mac?
, or download in or
Title: Take Control of Buying a Mac
Author: Adam C Engst
CompTIA Network+ Study Guide 2015 US$ 49.99 960 pages
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802) 2012 US$ 60.00 1664 pages
Mastering HTML5 Forms 2013 US$ 17.99 148 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects > Computer Brands > IBM 1130 ; Programming
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects > Computer Brands > MUNAP
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects > Computer Brands > Macintosh
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects > Microprocessors
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Personal Computers & Microcomputers
- Computers > Hardware