The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Public Financing in American Elections
Reformers argue that public financing of campaigns will help rescue American democracy from the corruptive influence of money in elections. Public Financing in American Elections evaluates this claim and aims to remove much of the guesswork from the discussion about public finance.
Featuring some of the most senior scholars in political science and electoral studies, this book provides an up-to-date treatment of campaign finance research and thinking about public campaign financing reforms. Exploring proposals at the local, state, and federal levels, the contributors provide a comprehensive overview of public financing initiatives in the United States and discuss their impact. Focused analyses of several current public programs are also presented.
269 pages; ISBN 9781439906941
, or download in
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > United States > Political rights. Practical politics > Electoral system
- Academic > Political Science > Political institutions and public administration (United States) > Capital. Public buildings. Government property. Government purchasing > Political rights. Practical politics > Electoral system
- Academic > Public Affairs > Political institutions and public administration > General. Comparative government > Political rights. Political participation
- Political Science > Political Parties & Movements
- Political Science > Elections