The Murder Of Princess Diana
Millions remember the tragic date when the world lost a princess and two boys lost their beloved mother. It was a freak accident--Diana, Dodi Fayed, and driver Henri Paul died fleeing aggressive paparazzi. . .or so officials led us to believe. But investigative journalist Noel Botham wasn't satisfied with the "official" story. The Murder of Princess Diana documents his intensive probe into what happened that fateful night in Paris. Finally, here is a book that dares to ask--and answer--questions such as:
- Was the blood sample supposedly taken from Henri Paul's body actually his blood?
- Why was the tunnel cleaned with detergent before forensic investigations could take place?
- Why was Diana's body partially embalmed before the post mortem?
- What were the connections between the driver of the Fiat Uno seen near the Mercedes and MI6? Was the man's subsequent fiery death really an accident?
- Did Diana's international campaign against landmines create a deadly conflict with the CIA?
Culled from interviews with contacts from behind palace walls to within the halls of the Pentagon, this shocking expose blows the lid off cover-ups arranged in the highest echelons of power. Now, at long last, the secrets are revealed; the lies are exposed--and the truth about Diana's death is brought to light.
Noel Botham has been a senior investigative reporter for News of the World and The People. During his thirty-five years as an internationally renowned journalist, he has been on numerous royal tours and has broken many major royal exclusives. He has been a crime and Parliamentary reporter as well as a distinguished war correspondent, covering conflicts in the Middle East, North Africa, Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe, and the Caribbean. He worked for the Evening Star and the Daily Herald and was chief investigative reporter for France Dimanche in Paris before becoming chief reporter of the Daily Sketch. His fifteen previous books include biographies of Rudolf Valentino and Princess Margaret.
Title: The Murder Of Princess Diana
Author: Noel Botham
More Political Science
A Magnificent Catastrophe 2007 US$ 15.99 352 pages
Fresh Fruit, Broken Bodies 2013 US$ 29.95 265 pages