IBM Lotus Connections 2.0
Planning and Implementing Social Software for Your Enterprise (e-book)
The Practical, Complete Guide to Leveraging the Power of Social Networks with Lotus Connections 2.0
IBM® Lotus® Connections 2.0 gives businesses all the tools they need to make the most of social networking—easily, securely, and cost-effectively. Now, a team of IBM Lotus Connections experts thoroughly introduce this breakthrough product and covers every facet of planning, deploying, and using it successfully. IBM Lotus Connections 2.0 covers both business and technical issues and presents proven best practices for every step of the implementation process.
The authors first help you identify your best opportunities to use social networking for competitive advantage and demonstrate how Lotus Connections 2.0 places state-of-the-art social networking tools at your fingertips. Next, they carefully describe each component of the product, including profiles, activities, blogs, communities, “dog-ear” bookmarking, personal home pages, and more. They present practical coverage of administering Lotus Connections as well as detailed guidance on extending and integrating it.
Whether you’re an executive, IT manager, or technical professional, this eBook has all the information you need to put social networking to work—and deliver powerful, quantifiable results.
- Assessing the potential value of social networking to your business
- Building dynamic networks of coworkers, partners, and customers that promote innovation and business agility
- Understanding the core services Lotus Connections 2.0 provides and the unique way in which they integrate
- Leveraging Lotus Connections’ consistent multitiered architecture
- Successfully planning for technical infrastructure and organizational change
- Walking through a best-practice installation and configuration process
- Building effective communities for employees with shared interests
- Using blogs to improve communications and overcome organizational silos or time zone differences
- Helping individuals and groups organize their work through Activities
- Performing administrative tasks such as customizing look-and-feel, collecting statistics, and troubleshooting
- Using plug-ins to integrate with Lotus Notes®, Microsoft® Office®, Outlook®, Windows® Explorer, Lotus Sametime®, and WebSphere® Portal
- Displaying useful, up-to-the-minute information with prebuilt widgets
- Utilizing Lotus Connections’ REST-based API to create new integration points and build custom applications
Title: IBM Lotus Connections 2.0
Author: Stephen Hardison; David Brooks; David M. Byrd; Gary Wood; Saurabh Calla; Tim Speed; Michael Martin; Suzanne Livingston
The World's Most Powerful Leadership Principle 2004 US$ 13.99 224 pages
To Sell Is Human 2012 US$ 12.99 256 pages