Numbers on the Move
"Move with the numbers, count to the beat. Clap your hands. Tap your feet. Count one two three four, with your Head Shoulders Elbows Hands Arms Hips Knees Feet!"
Early childhood educator Teresa Benzwie believes that dance and movement foster imagination, which is essential to the learning process. Her philosophy—that creative movement helps children gain knowledge through the body—is incorporated in Numbers on the Move, an appealing and entertaining book that urges kids to dance, stretch, and move as they learn to count and play with numbers.
Featuring playful, full-color illustrations, this book offers dynamic activities for children, who learn most readily from experience. For parents and teachers, Benzwie provides additional games and activities to try with children. Kids will develop a concrete awareness of numbers as they connect in deep, direct ways with their own expressive movement.
33 pages; ISBN 9781439903438
, or download in
Title: Numbers on the Move
Author: Teresa Benzwie
More Juvenile Nonfiction
IB Mathematics Standard Level 2012 US$ 64.80 805 pages
Economics for the IB Diploma 2015 US$ 38.00 746 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > Elementary mathematics > Counting; Juvenile literature
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Vinogradov, Ivan Matveevich, 1891-
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics; Periodicals
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics; Study and teaching
- Juvenile Nonfiction > Mathematics > Arithmetic
- Juvenile Nonfiction > Performing Arts