Development with the Force.com Platform
Building Business Applications in the Cloud
Build Powerful, Scalable, Cloud-Based Enterprise Solutions Fast with the Newest Version of Force.com
Using Force.com, you can build enterprise applications with world-class value, scalability, and reliability--and do it in days or weeks, not months or years. In this book, top Force.com developer Jason Ouellette offers all the technical guidance and sample code you’ll need to get outstanding results with the newest version of Force.com.
Drawing on his experience building three of the world’s top ten Force.com applications, Jason Ouellette walks you through the entire project lifecycle, from identifying potential applications to prototyping, coding, and deployment. Throughout, he offers practical insights you won’t find in Salesforce.com’s documentation--or anywhere else.
This edition thoroughly covers Force.com’s most powerful new improvements, including Batch Apex, Chatter, Adobe Flex and XML support, and the Force.com Free Edition. Throughout, Ouellette covers all you need to know about user interfaces, database design, workflow, analytics, security, and much more. All his code samples can be run and adapted using a no-cost Force.com Developer Edition account.
- Learn how Force.com provides customizable business application infrastructure and what makes it unique
- Master the Force.com database and configure its built-in security features
- Use advanced business logic, including Batch Apex, managed sharing, and metadata queries
- Master Force.com’s options for seamlessly integrating existing systems and choose the right alternative for your project
- Create flexible reports and display them in dashboards
- Deliver applications in multiple languages and support multiple currencies
- Add social media features with Force.com’s new Chatter collaboration tools
488 pages; ISBN 9780132684972
, or download in or
Title: Development with the Force.com Platform
Author: Jason Ouellette
Hadoop: The Definitive Guide 2012 US$ 39.99 688 pages
Alan Turing: The Enigma 2014 US$ 16.95 777 pages