The Art of Adaptation
Turning Fact And Fiction Into Film
Adaptations have long been a mainstay of Hollywood and the television networks. Indeed, most Academy Award- and Emmy Award-winning films have been adaptations of novels, plays, or true-life stories. Linda Seger, author of two acclaimed books on scriptwriting, now offers a comprehensive handbook for screenwriters, producers, and directors who want to successfully transform fictional or factual material into film. Seger tells how to analyze source material to understand why some of it resists adaptation. She then gives practical methods for translating story, characters, themes, and style into film. A final section details essential information on how to adapt material and how to protect oneself legally.
256 pages; ISBN 9781429936682
Title: The Art of Adaptation
Author: Linda Seger
More Language Arts
- Academic > Performing Arts > Motion Pictures > Motion pictures > Plays, scenarios, etc.
- Media > Film-making
- Performing Arts > Film > Screenwriting
- Performing Arts > Television
- Reference > Writing Skills
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Composition & Creative Writing
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Publishing