The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing
Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing Made Easy
The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing serves as an introduction to the steps required to complete a penetration test or perform an ethical hack. You learn how to properly utilize and interpret the results of modern day hacking tools; which are required to complete a penetration test. Tool coverage will include, Backtrack Linux, Google, Whois, Nmap, Nessus, Metasploit, Netcat, Netbus, and more. A simple and clean explanation of how to utilize these tools will allow you to gain a solid understanding of each of the four phases and prepare them to take on more in-depth texts and topics. This book includes the use of a single example (pen test target) all the way through the book which allows you to clearly see how the tools and phases relate.
- Named a 2011 Best Hacking and Pen Testing Book by InfoSec Reviews
- Each chapter contains hands-on examples and exercises that are designed to teach you how to interpret the results and utilize those results in later phases.
- Writen by an author who works in the field as a Penetration Tester and who teaches Offensive Security, Penetration Testing, and Ethical Hacking, and Exploitation classes at Dakota State University.
- Utilizes the Backtrack Linus distribution and focuses on the seminal tools required to complete a penetration test.
180 pages; ISBN 9781597496568
, or download in or
Office 2013 In Depth 2013 US$ 31.99 1032 pages
Qualitative Data Analysis with NVivo 2013 US$ 54.00 329 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects
- Academic > Computer Science > System design; Periodicals
- Computers > Information Technology
- Computers > Security
- Computers > Social Aspects
- Computers > Management Information Systems