The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
A Collaborative Approach to Eating Disorders
While many aspects of eating disorders remain a mystery, there is growing evidence that collaboration is an essential element for treatment success. This book emphasises and explains the importance of family involvement as part of a unified team approach towards treatment and recovery.
A Collaborative Approach to Eating Disorders draws on up-to-date evidence based research as well as case studies and clinical vignettes to illustrate the seriousness of eating disorders and the impact on both the sufferer and their loved ones. Areas of discussion include:
- current research including genetic factors, socio-cultural influences and early intervention
- clinical applications such as family based dialectical and cognitive behavioural treatments
- treatment developments for both adolescents and adults with a range of eating disorders
- building collaborative alliances at all levels for treatment and ongoing recovery.
With contributions from key international figures in the field, this book will be a valuable resource for students and mental health professionals including family doctors, clinicians, nurses, family therapists, dieticians and social workers.
, or download in or
More from this author
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Neurosciences. Biological psychiatry. Neuropsychiatry > Neurology. Diseases of the nervous system > Psychiatry > Psychopathology > Neuroses
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychopathology > Eating Disorders
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Mental Health
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy