The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
A Practical Introduction to Programming and Problem Solving
Assuming no knowledge of programming, this book presents both programming concepts and MATLAB’s built-in functions, providing a perfect platform for exploiting MATLAB’s extensive capabilities for tackling engineering problems. It starts with programming concepts such as variables, assignments, input/output, and selection statements, moves onto loops and then solves problems using both the ‘programming concept’ and the ‘power of MATLAB’ side-by-side. In-depth coverage is given to input/output, a topic that is fundamental to many engineering applications.
Ancillaries available with the text:
- Instructor solution manual (available Aug. 1st)
- electronic images from the text (available Aug 16th)
- m-files (available Aug 1st)
* Presents programming concepts and MATLAB built-in functions side-by-side, giving students the ability to program efficiently and exploit the power of MATLAB to solve problems. * In depth coverage of file input/output, a topic essential for many engineering applications * Systematic, step-by-step approach, building on concepts throughout the book, facilitating easier learning * Sections on ‘common pitfalls’ and ‘programming guidelines’ direct students towards best practice
* New to this edition:
- More engineering applications help the reader learn Matlab in the context of solving technical problems
- New and revised end of chapter problems
- Stronger coverage of loops and vectorizing in a new chapter, chapter 5
- Updated to reflect current features and functions of the current release of Matlab
544 pages; ISBN 9780123850829
, or download in or