The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Three Centuries of Mission
The United Society for the Propagation of the Gospel 1701-2000
A new and expansive official history of the USPG commissioned to mark the tercentenary in 2001. The first half tells a compelling global story from the mission to the Americas in the 18th century, through the North China Mission in the late 19th century to today's Social Development Programme in Bangladesh. There is a particular focus on the post-1945 period of decolonization, development and dialogue with other religions. The second half is a collection of essays that give a wide range of themes and perspective from a history of missionary wives by Deborah Kirkwood to a discussion of the evolving role of the church in Zambia by Musonda Mwamba.Three Centuries of Mission emphasizes the key instrumentality of the USPG in the emergence of a worldwide network of Churches in the Anglican Communion and their significance in the world at the beginning of the new century.
- Academic > Religion > Abrahamic Religions > Christianity > Practical Theology > Missions
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Prayer > Pastoral prayers
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Worship Public and private > Worship
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Missions
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Special churches
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Protestant churches
- Religion > Christianity
- Religion > Theology