The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Key Concepts in Political Geography
"A comprehensive reader for my political geography course. Good summaries at the end, and articles include effective case study examples."
- Rachel Paul, Western Washington University
"A very useful and comprehensive introduction to key concepts in political geography. This book provides useful context not just for 'traditional' political geography modules, but also those examining broader issues of power, resistance and social movements."
- Gavin Brown, University of Leicester
"Vital for introducing basic concepts and terminology in a clear and concise fashion. The short chapters are accessible and well supplemented with pertinent examples."
- Daniel Hammett, Sheffield University
"I found the book to be very useful in a supplemental capacity, full of information that would be useful for an undergraduate or early graduate student."
- Jason Dittmer, University College London
- An introductory chapter providing a succinct overview of the recent developments in the field
- Over 20 key concept entries covering the expected staples of the sub-discipline, such as nationalism, territoriality, scale and political-economy, as well as relatively new arrivals to the field including the other, anti-statism, gender, and post-conflict
- A glossary, figures, diagrams and further reading.
It is essential reading for undergraduate and postgraduate students of political geography.
392 pages; ISBN 9781446243541
, or download in or