A Critical Introduction to Social Research

A Critical Introduction to Social Research by Matt Henn
A Critical Introduction to Social Research is the new, updated and improved edition of A Short Introduction to Social Research. This book introduces students and researchers to the key ideas and issues that inform research practice. In it, Henn, Weinstein and Foard provide a clear and easy-to-understand route-map to help the reader plan their research project from beginning to end.

A Critical Introduction is perfect for use on introductory methods courses and is also an invaluable guide for the first time researcher embarking on their own small-scale research project.

This new second edition now features updated chapters which reflect recent debates and developments in the field, including:

- New coverage of emancipatory and feminist approaches;

- Comparative research methods, evaluation research, and action research;

- Online research;

- Glossary of key terms;

- Revised further reading sections at the end of each chapter which include peer-reviewed research articles.

This book aims to prepare students and new researchers for their research project. Brilliantly written throughout, this is your essential guide to the theory of research, the practice of research and the best ways to plan and manage your research.

Available with Perusall—an eBook that makes it easier to prepare for class
Perusall is an award-winning eBook platform featuring social annotation tools that allow students and instructors to collaboratively mark up and discuss their SAGE textbook. Backed by research and supported by technological innovations developed at Harvard University, this process of learning through collaborative annotation keeps your students engaged and makes teaching easier and more effective. Learn more.

SAGE Publications; November 2009
Title: A Critical Introduction to Social Research
Author: Matt Henn; Mark Weinstein; Nick Foard

1848601786
9781446203583
9781446241080
9781848601789