The Complete Guide to Becoming an English Teacher

The Complete Guide to Becoming an English Teacher by Stephen R Clarke
Praise for the previous edition:

'This is a text that should accompany every student teacher of English and find its way on to the shelf of all practising teachers. This book excited me. It is written in a style that makes you want to try out activities and take up challenges. This book will encourage the student teacher to embrace the subject of English along with its associated values and debates' - ESCalate

`If I was training to teach English today, this is the book I would want - an extraordinarily professional handbook of good practice ' - Geoff Barton, Times Educational Supplement, Teacher Magazine

This essential companion for aspiring secondary English teachers has been extensively reworked to help students meet the very latest professional and academic standards, while also equipping them with the knowledge and skills they will need for the beginning of their teaching career.

Focusing on the essentials needed to be a successful English teacher, the authors combine subject knowledge with ideas, examples and approaches for creating an effective, vibrant learning environment, and real examples of lesson plans and schemes of work. Each chapter clearly links practice to theoretical and critical perspectives on teaching, making this an ideal text for students working towards M-level credits or a Masters in Teaching and Learning.

There are also brand new chapters which explore in greater depth specific areas of contention and challenging issues, including:

- Diversities, including global perspectives on teaching English

- The application and implications of using ICT

- Multi-agency provision in personalising learning

- Research methodologies

- Transition from the training year and the first year as a teacher

The latest requirements for Qualified Teacher Status are clearly signposted throughout, and activities at the end of each chapter help to reinforce knowledge and encourage reflection. Written by a team of highly respected authors, this new edition should be on every secondary English student's bookshelf.

SAGE Publications; November 2009
Title: The Complete Guide to Becoming an English Teacher
Author: Stephen R Clarke; Paul Dickinson; Jo Westbrook

Buy, download and read The Complete Guide to Becoming an English Teacher (eBook) by Stephen R Clarke; Paul Dickinson; Jo Westbrook today!
1847872891
9781446205600
9781446245521
9781847872883
9781847872890