The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Writing and Professional Development
In the new third edition of this popular and highly readable book, the author draws on her considerable experience and extensive research to demonstrate a creative dynamic mode of reflection and reflexivity. Using expressive and explorative writing combined with in-depth group work/mentoring alongside appropriate focussed research, it enables critical yet sensitive examinations of practice.Gillie offers a searching and thorough approach which increases student and professional motivation, satisfaction, and deep levels of learning. She clearly explains reflection; reflexivity; narrative; metaphor, and complexity, and grounds the literary and artistic methods in educational theory and values. Clear step-by-step practical methods are given for every aspect of the process.
New to this edition are:
- A chapter presenting different ways of undertaking and facilitating reflective practice
- Further international coverage, including material from Australia, New Zealand and the United States.
The Third Edition also includes:
- An annotated glossary explaining key terms
- End-of-chapter activities and exercises
- Suggested further reading, and clear guides on chapter contents and how to use the book.
Companion website www.uk.sagepub.com/bolton
An accompanying companion website includes a range of free additional materials for lecturers and students to use in tutorials and for independent study, including discussion, workshop exercises, glossary and online readings.
The methods are appropriate to, and used worldwide by, students and professionals across education; medicine and healthcare; clinical psychology; therapy; social work; pastoral care; counselling; police; business management; organisational consultancy; leadership training.
304 pages; ISBN 9781446244708
, or download in or
More from this author
- Reflective Writing in Counselling and Psychotherapy2012US$ 41.00225 pages