Practical Strategies for Children from Birth to Eight
Inside the second edition, new content includes:
- consideration of the early years curricula across the whole of the UK
- a new chapter on risk and challenge in play
- new case studies
- international perspectives
- full coverage of the Birth to Eight age range
- consideration of inclusive play from a children's rights perspective
A key book for those in practice, and underpinned by sound theory, this book will help you encourage and support inclusive play throughout your setting; it is packed with activities for you to try, ideas for small changes to make that can have a big impact and clear guidance on writing a play policy.
With a focus on appreciating children as individuals, this book is essential for all early years practitioners and those studying early years at any level.
Theresa Casey is a freelance consultant based in Scotland, and President of the International Play Association.
Specialising in play and children's rights, inclusion and children's environments, Theresa Casey Consultancy provides tailor-made services for organisations working for and with children.
Visit SEN Magazine website:
136 pages; ISBN 9781446243138
, or download in or
Title: Inclusive Play
Author: Theresa Casey