Discovering Statistics Using SPSS
This award-winning text, now fully updated with SPSS Statistics, is the only book on statistics that you will need!
Fully revised and restructured, this new edition is even more accessible as it now takes students through from introductory to advanced level concepts, all the while grounding knowledge through the use of SPSS Statistics. Andy Field's humorous and self-deprecating style and the book's host of characters make the journey entertaining as well as educational.
While still providing a very comprehensive collection of statistical methods, tests and procedures, and packed with examples and self-assessment tests to reinforce knowledge, the new edition now also offers:
- a more gentle introduction to basic-level concepts and methods for beginners
- new textbook features to make the book more user-friendly for those learning about more advanced concepts, encouraging 'critical thinking'
- a brand new, full-colour design, making it easy for students to navigate between topics, and to understand how to use the latest version of SPSS Statistics
- both 'real world' (the bizarre and the wonderful) and invented examples illustrate the concepts and make the techniques come alive for students
- an additional chapter on multilevel modelling for advanced-level students
- reinforced binding to make the book easier to handle at a computer workstation.
The book also includes access to a brand new and improved companion Website, bursting with features including:
- animated 'SPSS walk-through' videos clearly demonstrating how to use the latest SPSS Statistics modules
- self-marking multiple choice questions
- data sets for psychology, business and management and health sciences
- a flash-card glossary for testing knowledge of key concepts
- access to support material from SAGE study skills books.
Statistics lecturers are also provided with a whole range of resources and teaching aids, including:
- the test bank - over 300 multiple-choice questions ready to upload to WebCT, Blackboard or other virtual learning environments
- charts and diagrams in electronic format for inclusion in lecture slides
- PowerPoint slides written by the author to accompany chapters of the text.
857 pages; ISBN 9780857020963
, or download in
Title: Discovering Statistics Using SPSS
Author: Andy Field
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
The Internet For Dummies 2015 US$ 19.99 388 pages
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802) 2012 US$ 60.00 1664 pages
Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 in VB 2012 US$ 31.49 889 pages