The Earth's Land Surface
Landforms and Processes in Geomorphology
- Lynda York, The Geographical Journal
"I would highly recommend this to anyone doing geology or geography at university as a 'go to' book for geomorphology and landform."
- Sara Falcone, Teaching Earth Science
"An excellent source of information for anyone who needs a well-informed, easy to use reference volume to introduce them to the fascinating complexities of the earth’s land surface, past, present and future."
- Angela Gurnell, Queen Mary, University of London
This introductory text details the land surface of the earth in a readable style covering the major issues, key themes and sensitivities of the environments/landscape.
Emphasising the major ideas and their development, each chapter includes case studies and details of influential scientists (not necessarily geomorphologists) who have contributed to the progress of understanding. Providing a very clear explanation of the understanding achieved and of the debates that have arisen, the book is comprised of 12 chapters in four sections:
- Visualising the land surface explains and explores the composition of the land surface and outlines how it has been studied.
- Dynamics of the land surface considers the dynamics affecting the earth's land surface including its influences, processes and the changes that have occurred.
- Environments of the land surface looks to understand the land surface in major world regions highlighting differences between the areas.
- Management of the land surface is an examination of the current and future prospects of the management of the earth's land surface.
With pedagogical features including further reading, questions for discussion and a glossary, this original, lively text is authored by one of the leading experts in the field and will be core reading for first and second year undergraduates on all physical geography courses.
360 pages; ISBN 9781446245576
, or download in or
Title: The Earth's Land Surface
Author: Kenneth J. Gregory
People and Wildlife, Conflict or Co-existence? 2005 US$ 64.00 517 pages
The Sixth Extinction 2014 US$ 9.99 352 pages
Sapiens 2015 US$ 14.99 352 pages
An Introduction to the Global Circulation of the Atmosphere 2015 US$ 90.00 480 pages