The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
A Guide to the Theory and Practice of Ethnography
The book clearly sets out the important definitions, methods and applications of field research whilst reinforcing the infinite variability of the human subject and addressing the challenges presented by ethnographers' own passions, intellectual interests, biases and ideologies.
Classic and personal real-world case studies are used by the author to introduce new researchers to the reality of applying ethnographic theory and practice in the field. Topics include:
- Talking to People: negotiations, conversations & interviews
- Being with People: participation
- Looking at People: observations & images
- Description: writing 'down' field notes
- Analysis to Interpretation: writing 'out' data
- Interpretation to Story: writing 'up' ethnography
Clear, engaging and original this book provides invaluable advice as well as practical tools and study aids for those engaged in ethnographic research.
216 pages; ISBN 9781446241462
, or download in or