The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Mahamudra and Related Instructions
Core Teachings of the Kagyu Schools
The Kagyü school of Tibetan Buddhism began in the 11th century with such renowned figures as Marpa and Milarepa, and it continues today with the Karmapa and several best-selling authors, including Pema Chodron and Chogyam Trungpa. Mahamudra, the Great Seal,” is a central teaching of the Kagyü school, along with the so-called six dharmas of Naropa. Formulated as a systematic practice by Gampopa (1079-1153), the mahamudra teachings trace their source to earlier Indian materials and focus on the cultivation of profound insight into the nature of the mind.
More Body Mind
The Alchemist - 10th Anniversary Edition 2009 US$ 10.99 192 pages
The Purpose Driven Life 2008 US$ 9.99 340 pages
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > Practice of Buddhism. Forms of worship > Modifications, schools, etc.
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > Societies, councils, associations, clubs, etc.
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > History
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > Buddhist literature
- Philosophy > Buddhism
- Religion > Buddhism
- Body Mind & Spirit > Meditation